20090325

Here we go...

Spc. McFlute is getting on the plane, so I guess we are really going to do it this time.

I am a little surprised at the way I am reacting to the to the entire situation.
I think my reaction is stronger than it outwardly appears. I am not terribly emotional over the separation, but I have noticed that I have taken steps to greatly simplify my life. Most notably, I have not followed current events and politics with my usual gusto, and it has been difficult for me to get the motivation to practice. Also, I am finding myself more drawn to a daily routine than normal. I find my mind turning to Scripture (which is good!) rather than working out complex trombone issues or plotting to take over the world during whatever down time I might have.

I spoke with Spc. McFlute a moment ago and she seems to be handling the change in a very healthy way. She is able to take care of business but has found moments of down time (actually, lots of down time at the Due Process Facility) to reflect, journal, write letters, pray, and grieve as needed. I am afraid that her time for reflection will be severely curtailed over the next weeks but I am sure that she will be able to find ways to process healthily.

I will leave you with one of the verses that has continually come to mind lately:

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Click HERE for alternative translations, and for context.

2 comments:

  1. I am here for either of you... in any way you need. this is the beginning of a new journey and Im excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete